EUROPARC Nordic-Baltic Section supports and develops working groups and their activities. Our most recent initiative is the Working Group on Health and Protected Areas, formed together with EUROPARC Atlantic-Isles and under the auspices of EUROPARC Federation. The working group held its first official meeting at Siggen Seminarzentrum, Germany, in July 2010.
Previous events in our working groups
- EUROPARC Sustainable Tourism Working Group held its first meeting in Olot, La Garrotxa Natural Park, Spain, on May 24-25. The newly formed working group mapped out the different actors in Europe and EUROPARC related to the Charter process, working groups and external projects. Innovative ideas for possible EU-funded development projects about sustainable tourism and protected areas were also discussed. Read Chairman Lasse Lovén's report to the right.
- The programme, presentations and participant list from the Working Group on Protected Areas and Health meeting/study visit to Scotland on March 28-30 are available to the right. The meeting was kindly hosted by the Scottish Natural Heritage and the Forestry Comission Scotland.
- Representatives of the Working Group on Protected Areas and health attended the Nordic workshop "Frisk i Naturen" in Holmenkollen, Norway, 9-10 May 2011. Presentations and notes from the group discussions are available here (click on the headers in the menu to the left)
- During EUROPARC Conference 2010 we held a Workshop on Health and Protected Areas (2 October 2010). A memorandum from this meeting is available for downloading in the right hand column.
- Visit Healthy Parks Healthy People Central: A new website for sharing the latest international research, innovations and programs that focus on the health benefits of human contact with the natural world.